Monday 16 July 2012

~ The End Of The Informal Holidays ~


The first three word that I said to myself as soon as I woke up was "OH MY GOD". Wasn't it a lovely day to sleep but unfortunately I must attend to the Bel 311 class. I was feeling very lazy to go to the class after a week of no Bel 311 classes. I felt like I was in the heaven when Miss Zu announced that there were no classes for last week because of a few things. Although Miss Zu had been saying a few more words, but I only heard the greatest two words which is "NO CLASSES". Whether I like it or not, the class was going to start in thirty minutes. As usual, I would be coming to the class at exactly eight o'clock or more. The lesson for today's class was THESIS STATEMENT.

THESIS STATEMENT
- used to describe what you are saying about your topic
- it gives insight on the development of the topic
- usually written as the last sentence in the introductory 
  paragraph
- different types of essay have different format for writing
  the thesis statement
- criteria of good thesis statement :
  ~ should be in statement [ not question ]
  ~ specific and focussed
  ~ avoids vague words
  ~ should be in complete sentence

No comments:

Post a Comment