Monday 2 July 2012

~ Monday's Night Class ~

I were very mad to Mr. Class Rep. I were on my way to class when someone else texted me that the class was canceled. I were feeling very frustrated and very happy at the same time. I were happy because there was no eight o'clock class and I were frustrated because I would have more time on my bed if he texted me earlier. But unfortunately, the class had been replaced in the evening on the same day. When my friends and I came to the class, Miss Zu was already there waiting for us. She told us that she had some family problems so she had to cancel the morning class. Truthfully, I did not even care what she wanted to do. As long as I know, Miss Zu is my teacher and she may do anything she wants while the students must fully support her. The class started with recap of paraphrase and then, she teached us about SUMMARISING.


SUMMARISING
- DEFINED AS THE REPRODUCTION OF A PASSAGE USING FEWER WORDS
- RETELL A STORY IN YOUR OWN WORDS
- SIMILARITY AND DIFFERENCE IN SUMMARISING AND PARAPHRASE:
- STEPS IN SUMMARISING (MIDAS) :
  ~ M [IDENTIFY MAIN IDEA]
  ~ I [IDENTIFY SUPPORTING DETAILS]
  ~ D [DISREGARD UNIMPORTANT INFORMATION]
  ~ A [ANALYZE REDUNDANT INFFORMATION]
  ~ S [SIMPLIFY IMPORTANT INFORMATION]

We also play some game in the class. There were four rows of students in class. So, the students were grouped according to their rows. Then, she would whispered something to the first student and then the student had to pass it to people next to them and so on until the last person.

Things That I heard :
As a brother, the managements that we have to master are financial management, time management and self management
Original :
As a student, the managements that we have to master are financial management, time management and self management 

It was not my fault that it was wrong. There must be someone who made a mistake but put the blame on me. I think the girls were accidentally heard the wrong one and then unanimously told everyone that I were the one who get it wrong. Hehehehehe

MLA
- stands for MODERN LANGUAGE ASSOCIATION
- MLA HANDBOOK is necessity for anyone who writing academic papers

APA
- stands for AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGY ASSOCIATION
- less preferred than the MLA formatting

No comments:

Post a Comment